I made baked vegetable egg rolls and home made duck sauce today! YAY!
I bought cabbage to make egg rolls a few weeks ago and kept putting it off because I couldn’t find a decent recipe to follow.
I kind of just threw things together and it turned out surprisingly well. I also remembered to take pictures along the way:
1. 1/2 a head of cabbage, shredded
2 carrots, julienned
1 stalk of celery, diced
3 green onions, sliced
2. Saute ingredients with 3 TBS of vegetable oil for a few minutes then add 1 tsp of ginger, 2 tsp garlic powder, TBS of soy sauce, and 1/2 cup of vegetable broth. Cook until vegetables are tender, drain in a colander then set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
3. Place 1 TBS of filling in the corner of the wrapper
4. Roll the wrapper over once or twice then fold in the sides and finish rolling. Place seam down on a baking sheet.
5. Brush the tops of the egg rolls with a little oil then place in a preheated oven at 425 F for 10-15 minutes until browned.
6. Duck sauce: 1/2 cup of water, 1/3 cup of sugar, 1/3 cup of apricot preserves, 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch, 1 TBS white vinegar, 1 tsp salt. Stir over medium heat.
7. Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened (5-10 minutes). Pour into a serving dish.
8. Now you can eat them up!
9. Obligatory “finished product” photo 🙂